As a community manager, you’re the voice of the brand in the community, and the voice of our gamers on the team. Your responsibility is cultivating, growing and activating the community, increasing the size of our owned audience and the impact of our marketing. You’re an active participant in the discussion on forums and social media and function as one of our primary “faces” of the brand. You take part in live streams and other marketing activities, and you’re expected to cultivate a following of your own as a key representative of the brand.
You’re also responsible for measuring the success rate of our content and community campaigns, and feeding community input back to the development teams. This gives you an important role in shaping future development of our products.
The community manager is responsible for all owned media channels associated with the brand and is expected to set and execute on growth strategies for all of them.
The community manager is also responsible for day-to-day execution on the marketing team content roll-out plan, i.e making sure content is posted and announcements are made as planned and on all relevant channels.
- Be the voice of the developer
- Create gifs, videos, snippets and other things necessary to drive exposure
- Present community feedback to the developers
- Manage, grow and cultivate healthy communities
- Initiate new and innovative community activities to increase engagement
- Manage all communications through owned channels (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, twitch, forum etc)
- Coordinate announcements, content posts, and day-to-day planning with stakeholders (devs, PR agency, etc)
- Copywriting for campaign websites, patch notes and similar
- You like goats.
- Experience building and nurturing audiences in social media and creating lively, engaging content for gamers
- A deep understanding of and interest in video game cultures and communities
- Knowledge of Photoshop and video editing tools is necessary
- Fluency in written and spoken English
To apply we want you to produce a video where you introduce yourself to the community as the studio's new community manager. We’ll be looking at how you communicate with the audience, your skills in editing and how you get your message across. Upload the video to a video hosting service of your choice and send us the link together with a few lines about yourself. If you have a resumé we would appreciate if you sent that in as well but it’s not a requirement at this point. Send the link and info to firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form below.
About Coffee Stain North
We are still a small-ish studio, and we’d like to stay that way. The games we make are the games we want to play. We strongly believe in staying independent so that we can continue on our own path. We like to work in smaller, more focused teams where everyone matters. Micromanaging is not our style, so everyone needs to take responsibility for their own work.
Coffee Stain North is located in Stockholm, Sweden, one of the most gamer-centric cities in the country.
We believe diversity is a good thing and that creativity thrives when different backgrounds and perspectives are brought to the table. So if you’re any sort of minority in the game industry then we definitely encourage you to apply. Diversity is something we are constantly striving for.
Perks of being a Coffee Stainer
We offer competitive salaries with excellent benefits. We have a really nice insurance program which you will benefit from, payments to your pension fund as well as getting time off to work out.
You will get a chance to have a big influence over your own work and taking initiative is encouraged. This goes for both the projects we work in or life at the office in general. Besides all that you get to work with an amazing team in a great office.