We are looking for a Data Scientist to join Coffee Stain Publishing in Stockholm Apply here
Join us in forming a new department
Coffee Stain Publishing is looking for a Data Scientist to join its newly formed Data & Analytics department.
As a data scientist you will be a part of a small department which functions as a service within Coffee Stain Publishing.
We’re looking for people with an enterprising, self-starter mindset who are interested in building up data as a tool for making fantastic games.
In this role you will be working closely with both the development teams and stakeholders within the publishing team to bring the game data to life. You’ll work together to define, implement and analyze gameplay and financial data with the ultimate goal of giving your colleagues the best tools to create fun games.
With us you will
- Collaborate and work closely with producers, game designers, and business stakeholders
- Develop metrics and key performance indicators
- Extract, analyze and communicate insights from gameplay and sales data
- Design telemetry hooks and ETLs
- Evangelize the use of data as a tool for game development and growth
- Fantastic communication skills
- Ability to explain complex statistical concepts to stakeholders of varying backgrounds
- Ability to work with SQL and R or Python
- A love of games
- Prior experience in the gaming industry is a huge plus
- Professional experience as a data scientist
About Coffee Stain Publishing
We are a small publishing team of about a dozen people that care deeply for every game we make, not just the one closest to release or the one that’s the most successful right now. We help each other out and being supportive is important to us, we believe that people are at their best when they’re supported and trusted. At Coffee Stain Publishing you will have colleagues in Skövde, Malmö and Stockholm and we all try to meet IRL on a regular basis.
The Analytics & Data department functions within Coffee Stain Publishing and works closely with our development teams. We are responsible for providing accurate, up-to-date data so that our teams can make our games even better. To achieve this, we are: service-minded, flexible, and receptive to the needs of our very diverse game teams all over the world.
The position is permanent, full-time, 40 hours per week.
You will spend the majority of your work-time at our offices on Kungsholmen, by Fridhemsplan. You’ll also have the option of working some days from home if you prefer.
Perks of working with us
- We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits that go beyond a generous insurance plan and the usual payments to your pension fund
- We believe that a healthy body leads to a healthy mind, so on top of the wellness grant you get some paid time off to work out
- And, of course, you will be part of a wonderful team of colleagues working on many exciting projects.
We look forward to hearing from you!