We are looking for an experienced 3D ENVIRONMENT ARTIST to help build our game worlds, both realistic and fantastical Apply here
Does this sound like you?
You want to work with a small but ambitious team where making an impact on the games we develop is not a perk, but a common goal.
As a 3D environment artist, you will work closely with our art director and level team to realize the vision behind the worlds our games take place in. You don’t mind taking on large scale meshes, foliage, buildings, modular structures or anything in between.
You have a solid understanding of visual language - texture, color, dimension, scale, perspective, lighting, shade, composition and proportion. And you don’t mind working iteratively, being receptive to feedback and making changes that enhance the end result.
We are a relatively small team for the project we have committed to, so any secondary development skills are always appreciated and taking responsibility, wherever you can, is encouraged.
These are things you’ll do on the job
- Model and sculpt environmental meshes, both organic and hard surface
- Modeling and texturing various large meshes, working with techniques to lessen the feeling of repeated patterns
- Create modular building blocks that help level designers craft unique-looking worlds
- Use Unreal Engine to preview your work and make it ready for implementation
These are things your CV already contains
- Professional experience as 3D environment artist or equivalent
- Professional experience with Unreal Engine 4 or similar
- Advanced Maya experience
- Experience with various software packages including Photoshop, Substance Designer and Zbrush
- Content creation skills (hard surface, texturing, Zbrush)
- You have an eye for quality and attention to detail
- The ability to take responsibility, work independently, and communicate effectively within an interdisciplinary team
The position is permanent, full-time, 40 hours per week.
Some of us are still working from home, but everyone is now welcome back to our newly renovated offices on Kungsholmen, by Fridhemsplan. There will still be the possibility to work some days from home, if that’s preferred by you.
Perks of working at Coffee Stain North
- We offer competitive salaries and excellent benefits that go beyond a generous insurance plan and the usual payments to your pension fund
- We believe that a healthy body leads to a healthy mind, so on top of the wellness grant you get some paid time off to work out. Did we mention there’s a gym right beside our office?
- Every third week it’s creative Friday which lets your inner passion blossom
- “Bridging-days” are paid and work-free
- To have fun together an get inspired, we play games on the clock every third Friday
- We also have great parental benefits, including extra pay on top of what you get from the social insurance agency during your parental leave
- And, of course, you will be part of a wonderful team of colleagues working on an exciting high-profile project
This is us!
COFFEE STAIN NORTH is a game developer based in Stockholm that belong to the Coffee Stain family. We are currently working on an unannounced high-profile project. Since we started in 2013, we have grown to 25 developers and are now open to add a couple of new friends!
Working with us means working in a relaxed and friendly environment, where we value each other and the unique qualities we all bring to the table.
We actively work to empower our employees by helping everyone strive towards more responsibility, ownership and autonomy. This is because we believe we can do even better as a team when your creativity shape not only your own work, but also our studio culture and our games
We take pride in making games that we ourselves would like to play, a philosophy that has led us to work on multiple kinds of games in the past, like A Story About My Uncle & Goat Simulator. The only common denominators being humor and storytelling.
We believe diversity is a good thing and that creativity thrives when different backgrounds and perspectives are brought to the table. If you’re any sort of minority in the games industry, then we encourage you to apply.
Being small has its perks and one of our favorites is how we all have influence over our work/culture and the games we make.
Apart from us, the Coffee Stain group consists of COFFEE STAIN STUDIOS in Skövde (Sanctum and Satisfactory) and COFFEE STAIN PUBLISHING who also work with close partners like Iron Gate (Valheim), Ghost Ship Games (Deep Rock Galactic) and Easy Trigger Games (Huntdown) to name a few.