We are looking for a talented, Experienced/Senior 3D Artist who can create various types of 3D game assets! Apply here
About Coffee Stain Studios
Coffee Stain Studios is the biggest development team under the Coffee Stain brand and it's where it all started back in 2010. For the last five years we've been developing Satisfactory. The game has been quite the success in Early Access but there are still things we want to add and finalize before the final release.
Micromanaging is not our style, so everyone needs to take responsibility over their own work. We want everyone to feel like they’re contributing to the end product and thrive towards always becoming better at what they do.
Diversity is something we encourage and support. Not only does creativity thrive when different backgrounds and perspectives are brought together, we also grow as people. Coffee Stain Studios has grown more diverse over the recent years, but we still believe we can improve more.
About the team
The art team works tightly together closely cooperating with design and tech department, in an open and honest environment where responsibility and ownership are more important than micromanagement. No matter what your role is, you are encouraged to be an influential part of our game development.
These are things you’ll do on the job
- Model, sculpt and texture meshes, both organic and hard surface
- Ensure a proper integration for every asset you create considering technical and gameplay constraints
- Take an idea all the way from a concept to implementation
- Use Unreal Engine to preview and setup your work to make it ready for implementation
- Continue to refine artistic abilities and learn new software packages and tools
- 3+ years of experience as a 3D Artist in the game industry
- Experience creating environment art assets
- A sense of what makes both good individual props, and their place in larger contexts
- A deep understanding of in-engine art asset optimization
- Good understanding of modern pipelines and requirements for game development
- Experience working in Unreal Engine 4
- A keen eye for shape, colour, composition, and details
- A creative, highly initiative and motivated mindset
- Excellent teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
- Have extensive experience creating real-time vegetation game assets
- Have some experience with Unreal Engine 5
- Experience with procedural content creation packages is a plus (like Substance Designer, Houdini, etc)
- Have a keen interest in playing games and game development beyond art
Even if you don't fit the description 100% you're more than welcome to apply!
The position is permanent, full-time, 40 hours per week.
You will spend the majority of your worktime at our office on Hertig Johans gata in Skövde. At our office we have casual workplace environment including bicycle parking, own amazing in-office gym, game and chill-out zones. There are also plenty in-office hangouts and parties.
You’ll be working with a friendly team that consists of both Swedish and International people. We get plenty of self-development opportunities – tutorials, creative time, participation in various industry conferences and events.
Our office is constantly supplied with breakfasts, snacks, fruits, tea and coffee to keep your energy up.
Coffee Stain Studios is part of a family of several studios, creating a network of over a hundred talented game creators. We talk, throw parties, and support each other professionally. We like the combination of being a relatively small team in our studio combined with the gain belonging to a big, warm community, being able to share invaluable knowledge and experiences with our colleagues.
Perks of being a Coffee Stainer
We offer competitive salaries with excellent benefits. We try to follow the Collective Agreement as close as we can, which means payments to your pension fund and insurances. We also believe that a healthy body leads to a healthy mind, so everybody gets time off to work out. In Sweden there is a well-being allowance called Friskvårdsbidrag that covers extra things like gym subscriptions, swimming, massage etc. There is also an option to book a massage session at the office.
As an employee you will also have creative time every other week which lets your inner passion blossom. You will also have influence over your own work and taking initiative is encouraged. This goes for the projects we work on as well as life at the office in general.
On top of all that you get to work with an awesome team in an amazing and very spacious office!
We look forward to hearing from you!
You can take a closer look at some of our fabulous crew on our YouTube channel: Coffee Stain YouTube Channel