We are looking for a Programmer! As a mobile developer at Coffee Stain Malmö, daily work will consist of bringing existing games to mobile platforms, adapting code, assets, and gameplay mechanics to run on a vast array of devices.
About Coffee Stain Malmö
As the latest Coffee Stain office, founded this year, we are looking to build our new studio WITH our new hires, not just for them. That’s why we are on the lookout for the best and brightest in mobile games development and production. We offer the chance to build our Malmö studio from the foundations, with the backing of one of the hottest indie games studios and publishers in the world.
We are a small, but rapidly growing, team of developers and publishers who care deeply for every game we make, not just the one closest to release or the one that’s the most successful right now. As part of the wider Coffee Stain family, we share their values, and helping each other out is important to us. We believe that people are at their best when they’re supported and trusted.
As a mobile developer at Coffee Stain Malmö, daily work will consist of bringing existing games to mobile platforms, adapting code, assets, and gameplay mechanics to run on a vast array of devices.
You will continually examine every part of the codebase and asset libraries for optimizations that could be made, changes that would benefit the gameplay, and integrations to be added. All in order to create the best experience for the end users.
You will be joining the team at an early stage, growing with it from the start. There will be a big focus on collaboration, sharing experiences, and ensuring best practices.
These are things you’ll do on the job
- Adapting games and their codebases from other platforms, to run on mobile platforms.
- Implement and support game systems written in C++, including already established codebases.
- Adapting features and mechanics to mobile platforms, while ensuring the vision and design of the original game.
- Work with different release platforms, making sure that the features of the game are well adapted to the platform.
- Look for optimizations that can be made in the projects and be part of implementing the solutions
These are things your CV already contains
- 3+ years experience as a game programmer/engineer.
- Deep knowledge of Unreal Engine, or applicable similar engine
- Solid C++ knowledge
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Ability to work independently, by managing and tracking your own workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Bonus if you also have
- Experience working with continuous integration and automated testing.
- Knowledge of native Java and Objective-C for use on mobile platforms.
- Experience developing multiplayer games
Perks of being a Coffee Stainer
We frequently engage with each other around the games we're working on and playtests are a natural part of our day-to-day regardless of the role we have. We’re firmly against micromanaging, we trust our colleagues with the expertise and work ethic they bring to the table.
We can be flexible to accommodate your individual needs to make sure you have the right prerequisites to do your job and we allow for a healthy balance of working from home and working from the office, even outside of the consequences of the pandemic. We do however like to see each other in the office in person a number of times in any given week if we can.
We offer competitive salaries with excellent benefits. We try to follow the Collective Agreement as close as we can, which means payments to your pension fund and insurances. We also believe that a healthy body leads to a healthy mind, so on top of the wellness grant, you get some paid time off to work out.
The position is permanent, full-time, 40 hours per week, in Malmö.
Right now, most of us work from home, but it’s possible to work from the office as well. Some of us are there a few days a week and it’s up to you what you’re comfortable with.
Apart from us, the Coffee Stain group consists of COFFEE STAIN STUDIOS in Skövde (Sanctum, Goat Simulator, Satisfactory), COFFEE STAIN PUBLISHING (Stockholm) EASY TRIGGER (Huntdown) and COFFEE STAIN NORTH that’s currently working on a super-secret project.
We look forward to hearing from you!